Our Parents & Friends Association aims to….
- Support families as they journey through children’s school years.
- Allow school community members to express their ideas for decision making that affect both current quality of school life and future directions. (eg: air conditioning for classrooms, shaded cola area for infants).
- Assist with fundraising to provide additional resources that support student in-door and outdoor learning. (eg: drama and stage resources, cola area and sensory garden projects).
- Build partnerships between families, school and parish. (eg: social events such as family pool night, trivia night and fun fairs).
- The P & F invites all parents and carers to be involved in any or all meetings (held approximately every two months at 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm in the school library). Please see school calendar for upcoming dates. New faces and ideas are always welcome. 😀
- Other activities have included: Bunnings BBQ, Easter raffle, Mother’s and Father’s day stalls, pie drive and beach walkathon.
- For further information, please phone the school office on: 6559 9466
All parents are invited to attend.
Please refer to the School calendar for meeting dates and times.
Parent Assembly – This is an initiative of the Lismore Diocese to help and enrich families through support and education as they journey through their children’s school years. It aims to enhance the partnership between families and parishes. Additional links for this body can be found here.
It is the organizing body for the various Parents & Friends Associations around the Lismore Diocese. Of further interest is the Council of Catholic School Parents [CCSP] which is the peak representative body for parents with children in Catholic schools in NSW. It is the officially recognised body representing the interests of parents in Catholic schools on the Catholic Education Commission and with the NSW Catholic Bishops. The Council provides a wider forum for discussing education issues and for articulating a parent position which can be incorporated into State and Federal level considerations.
Also, the Partners 4 Learning programme is a practical response to the school improvement findings that when parental involvement in student learning occurs, it positively affects student outcomes, and that effective schools result where there are high levels of parent and community engagement. It is a web-based Centre of Excellence in Parent and Community Engagement funded through the Australian Government’s Smarter Schools Teacher Quality National Partnership.