It is our privilege to share with you your child’s journey in faith. This journey includes the various stages of initiation into the full life of the Church. This, of course, involves us in helping to prepare the children for the Sacraments of Confirmation, Eucharist (Holy Communion) and Penance (Reconciliation).
This preparation is offered in certain classes but it must be remembered that coming to understand and appreciate the Sacraments properly is the work of a lifetime. So, with this in mind, it must be seen that our presentation of the Sacraments takes place from Kindergarten to Year 6.
Our Sacramental programs are set out below:
- If you are interested in having your child/children baptised in the Catholic faith, please contact the presbytery – 6559 8354
- When enrolling a child into the school, it is essential that we have a copy of their Baptismal Certificate on record if they wish to make further Sacraments.
- The Parish Community will issue an invitation to parents to participate in the continuation of their child’s initiation into the Church through the Sacrament of Confirmation in Years 3 – 6.
- The candidates and parents will participate in a school program that will be supported by parish-based initiated activities in preparation for the child’s Confirmation. This will be celebrated by the Bishop of Lismore Diocese at St Peter the Fisherman Church, Laurieton, on a date to be advised.
- There will be a specialised school-based program for students in Years 4 – 6 in preparation for the child’s Reconciliation. This will be celebrated at St Peter the Fisherman Church, Laurieton, on a date to be advised.
EUCHARIST (HOLY COMMUNION)
- Years 4 – 6 Students will be given a comprehensive school-based program which will be supported by parish initiated activities in preparation for the child’s Eucharist. Eucharist is the final Sacrament of Initiation. This will be celebrated at St Peter the Fisherman Church, Laurieton’ Church on a date to be advised.
Note: All Sacraments are registered through the parish. Each of the school-based sacraments requires school commitments.
Saturday 5pm - Laurieton
Sunday 7am - Laurieton
Sunday 9am - Kendall
Fr Micheal Roohan
Parish website: http://www.laurieton.org/