At St Joseph’s car park, please be aware of four buses which need to turn and pick up children. Do not park in the bus parking bay.
Delivery and collection of students
- Parents collect children from the Hall.
- Parents must walk children across the car park.
- The area between Office & Hall is designated as a drop-off/pick-up zone for parents.
- The Church car park provides an alternative to parking within school grounds.
- Between the signs outside the office.
A speed limit of 10 kph should be observed on the school grounds
All children must walk their bikes into and out of school grounds. Bike riders are set off in front of the Pre-School by a supervising teacher.
Bicycle parking procedures –
- All bicycles are to be parked in racks alongside the Kindergarten room.
- A security chain & lock would be an asset.
There are several buses which transport the children to and from school. The bus company, Busways Bus Service, operate on these runs.
- LAURIETON bus – includes children from Camden Head, Dunbogan, Laurieton, North Haven and Lake Cathie.
- BONNY HILLS/LAKE CATHIE.
- KEW bus – for children living at Lakewood, Kew Road (beyond 1.6 km from school), Kew and Heron’s Creek.
- KENDALL – for children from Kendall, Lorne, Ross Glen and John’s River.
When a child enrols at the school, he/she will be given an Application for a Travel form which you will be asked to complete and return to the school as soon as possible. These will be processed and a bus pass issued by the bus company in due course.
As children progress from Infants to Primary, a new Application for Travel form is required.
If children need to be transported more than 1.6 km to the bus stop, an application should be made at the school office for the necessary Urban Transit Forms. These must be returned to the school when completed.
Behave safely at all times
Respect the needs and comfort of other passengers
Respect bus property by not marking or damaging it
Always follow instructions about safety on the bus
Show their bus pass or ticket to the Driver onboarding and when requested.
Students will not
Distract the Driver except in an emergency
Smoke, eat or drink on the bus
Allow any part of their body to protrude from the bus
Fight, spit, use offensive language or place their feet on the seats
Throw any article inside or out of the bus
Alter, deface, misuse or fraudulently obtain a bus pass
Give, lend or transfer their bus pass to another student.